Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Favorites - Spring!!

Pinned Image
(couldn't find the original source)

       That picture totally make me want to go read Ann of Green Gables and go have a picnic or something. Did you know Easter is right around the corner? I've got one little girl Easter dress done, and one to go. Have you Springified your house and wardrobe yet?

Pinned Image

        I saw this dress, and decided a yellow dress must absolutely be in my future. Hopefully one that costs a tad less than $995, but it is gorgeous no?

Pinned Image

       So, what do you think about the floral trend these days? I am not one for trends unless they are something that is somewhat timeless. For instance, I'm not a huge fan of chevrons...don't hate me, its OK if you are. Florals though, I think I like.
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

      I whipped up this floral tank out of some vintage rayon type fabric my mother in law gave me. Its hard to see, but it has a layered front and a key hole back. Knits are definitely my comfort zone since non-stretchy fabrics tend to be a lot more fussy to fit correctly. I'll have to work out some of the kinks before I attempt a tutorial. Just for grins and giggles, I'm entering it into Made by Rea's Spring Top Contest. You should totally check out the flicker pool, for some good sewing inspiration.


       I want to put a bit more "Springness" about the house. I showed you my mantle here, but I haven't done much else since then. 
Pinned Image

      Is this not the cutest little plant stand ever? Love it!

Pinned Image
     
       I wish I had mad free hand painting skills, I would totally do this something in my house. I bet modpodge and fabric would do the trick too. Hmm, must find an old dresser.

Pinned Image
(couldn't find the original source on this one, any one know?)

     That rug is pretty cute too! I like the different patterns. Well, I've got a little one loudly telling me in every baby noise possible that she is hungry and I had better do something about it quick...so have a happy weekend! Don't forget to take some time to head outside and enjoy the season!

Isaiah 51:15 But I am the LORD thy God... I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand...

1 comment:

  1. Love the yellow dress :) I love yellow it is just not the most flattering color on me but oh well makes me happy! I have been looking an Easter dress I know exactly what I want just don't have the time to make it and it seems the stores dont have it either :( Oh and you must share your little lovelies Easter dresses!

    ReplyDelete