Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gardening Fun

  
      For the past three days, my little helper and I have been doing a lot of this.


      We've been playing with a lot of these.

     
      I sincerely hope in a few months I don’t just have a pretty dirt plot still. This is my first attempt at playing farmer, and I'm having great fun. I'm not expecting bumper crops, but I do hope I get a few yummy pieces out of this. I've planted tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, squash, cucumber, and watermelon. On my deck I have some pots with freshly planted strawberries, and I'm going to put pots of herbs on my kitchen window sill. Now I've done all the hard part, and I just have to be patient. I have to admit, I planted yesterday, and I did check this morning to see if anything had come up yet. Pathetic, I know. I can't help myself, patience just isn't my thing.
      I'm counting on this pretty girl to keep all the hungry bunnies out of my garden.

    
     I'm thinking she's going to love gardens after this...if anything comes up that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment